Running is one of the few things that transcends race, gender and religious differences and binds people together as one family in sport. If you run, be it half a mile around your block or hundreds of miles in an ultra-marathon, I consider you family. And all those who love and support you as a runner, they are my family too.
Yesterday, my family was attacked.
Whoever is responsible for such horrific, senseless violence should know that although their bombs went of in Boston, USA, they attacked the world – a peaceful, positive piece of the world.
I have read reports of runners that crossed the finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to the victims. A heroic effort, but it does not surprise me in the least. Those runners and all the first responders were simply taking care of their family.
To everyone in Boston, to all those who ran and the supporters in the crowd, I love you and my heart and thoughts are with you. And just like the last few miles of a marathon, dig deep; you will make it through.
Yesterday, my family was attacked.
Whoever is responsible for such horrific, senseless violence should know that although their bombs went of in Boston, USA, they attacked the world – a peaceful, positive piece of the world.
I have read reports of runners that crossed the finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to the victims. A heroic effort, but it does not surprise me in the least. Those runners and all the first responders were simply taking care of their family.
To everyone in Boston, to all those who ran and the supporters in the crowd, I love you and my heart and thoughts are with you. And just like the last few miles of a marathon, dig deep; you will make it through.
Beautifully put Rachel, I'm sure the runners and people of Boston appreciate your heartfelt thoughts.
ReplyDelete