Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm in

After completing my second NYC Marathon I swore I would not do it again. I have no business running marathons – I am too slow, it hurts too much, training is too time consuming. Yet despite all the logic against running, I only remember good parts: The satisfaction of finishing long training runs before most neighbors are awake; hitting new PRs in shorter distances; seeing my family, friends, and all of NYC along the course; shenanigans at mile 20 in the Bronx; and walking through Central Park wearing a foil victory cape, welling with pride and joy. These memories, and perhaps that annoying little voice that says, 'You can do better,' are the reason I entered my name in the lottery for this year's NYC Marathon. And guess what. I got picked.

I am not sure where I will be living in 4 months, but on November 2nd I will be in NYC running my third marathon. For better or worse, I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment