Wednesday, May 2, 2012

South African coffee

So far, my only complaint is KZN's complete lack of enthusiasm for coffee. Anyone who knows me even just a little bit knows how much I adore coffee. I like it piping hot, with a touch of cream, no sugar. I don't need lattes or espressos – just a small pressed or poured cup. Had Krista not had a French press at home, I'd have gone out and bought one. Otherwise, I'd be drinking this every day:


I've been told that South African coffee (instant coffee) is an acquired taste – something that I will get used to. One acquires taste for whiskey and fine aged cheeses, not caffeinated sawdust and water. I know that sounds harsh, but let's face it – I'm from New York; when it comes to coffee I'm pretty spoiled.

I suppose I could still function without good coffee at my nearest convenience, but I'll probably buy a French press for the iTEACH annex anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing it wasn't decaffenated sawdust and water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This share made me have an extra appreciation for the coffee I drank that day.. :)

    ReplyDelete